Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Clapotis

December 28, 2004

Have just a few minutes before I have to run to Fry's Electronics to exchange the computer case we got Gavin for Christmas. We have been through three - Clark spends an hour putting all the bits and pieces in, tries it out and it is broken, power doesn't come on, doesn't stay on etc. Then he spends a little less than an hour taking all the bits and pieces back out. So I volunteered to run and exchange the current one for him. Want to get out there early because yesterday's knitting with friends was changed to today.

But really I wanted to post my work on the Clapotis scarf. I am a little over halfway done and I love this scarf. Yesterday I someplace I read someone say that if they could only knit one thing over and over again it would be this scarf. I think I agree. I am already planning my next one.

Four or five years ago my whole family - 24 of us - spent Christmas in Pueto Vallarta. There was a little shop on the edge of town that had sarong and scarf. Near the first day I saw a black and white hand painted chiffon scarf. If it had not been $100 I would have bought it instantly. Everyday I went back and looked at it. Tried it on in front of the mirror - it was thin and scrunched up perfect around your neck, wrapped twice and being black and white added a the perfect neutral flair to any outfit. After about a week of this my niece finally looked at me and said you have thought about this for days buy it.

Now years latter I have been worried, I have lived in that scarf, the ends are getting tatty and pretty soon that will show - even scrunched up around my neck - then in walks Clapotis.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My first one is in the gray to replace the chiffon scarf - Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. Knit on the bias with the dropped stitches it scrunches up just perfectly. I love this scarf.

Already I am dreaming of my next one - yarn from A.L. de Sauveterre at Two Pointy Sticks. Would love the cashmere, but will probably get the Alpaca. But what color?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Just time to get dressed, off to Fry's then the day........

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never have thought of the Silky Wool! Oooohhh. What a great idea. As for what color on the next one: how about all of the above... that would be the next few scarves though, right? :)

Beth
http://craftycanines.typepad.com/stuck_on_socks/

8:00 AM  
Blogger 1nderlandwoman said...

Beth, I love how this feels in the Silky Wool. and think the idea of all four colors is perfect!!! Just won't tell my DH. alice

11:15 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
I beg of you, just check out my blog.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
Search for my fl florida house cleaning blog, it will leave you speechless.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Eyewear online National cash advance Collingwood winter rental accomodations Action automatic door and gate how long xanax stays in the blood http://www.camcorders-8.info/Japanesestyleweddinginvitations.html 1991 infiniti g20 reviews Canvas hanging sweater holder Plastic surgeons auburn maine Xanax de vicio Pictures of bowens skin cancer tumors software patent law Xanax - how to quit

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home