Thursday, January 13, 2005

Rewards for Slogging Along

January 13, 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI have been making myself knit on the black sweater - I know when I get it done I will love wearing it. And I keep making scarves with it in mind. Knitting in the round and I have about 6 inches done. Only 11 more to go to the armholes. It is a case of I think I can, I think I can. If I knit 1 inch on this then I can knit on......


SOMeTHinG FUN
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Went to Northwest Wools today and took back the leftover skeins from 4 projects and got yarn for the 6 sox knitalong beaded sox. Picked up the beads down the street. And new Addi Turbos - got a 40" to try the magic loop technique.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bamboo in pink -for the Clapotis. I was trying to decide between this pink and another more orange and red verigated Crystal Palace yarn, and decided this although the pink is pretty girly, I wanted to knit the Bamboo.

And some more sock yarn in the orange and green - just because. Doesn't new yarn just make you smile!!!!! Somedays are good days. (Maybe last nights fight with DH cleared the air.)


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pink bamboo yarn is so pretty, I'm sure Clapotis will turn out beautifully. I'm looking for the right yarn to make it too. I live in Singapore where yarn choices are quite limited, but I think the right yarn will turn up sooner or later, and that's part of the fun, isn't it? By the way, I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your projects, and I will definitely check back to peek at your 2nd Clapotis. Coincidentally I just bought some black All Seasons cotton to knit a shell with. First time knitting with black yarn, I'm hoping it will provide slimming illusions for me. Have fun,
erin

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that pink! I knitted a scarf version of Clapotis in Bamboo too. In the "parrot" colorway. The knitted fabric is not nearly as soft as it is in a ball but a washing helps it out a lot.

Here's the picture of mine.
http://gumdrop.typepad.com/photos/knitting/dec_20_017.html

Allison
http://gumdrop.typepad.com/knitting/

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to see what people think of the Bamboo. I've been eyeing that.

Julie
ceratium@hotmail.com
http://stoneview.typepad.com/

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rent a good movie and just zone out: a black sweater will become a wardrobe staple, and you'll be glad you saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on Oscar night.
julia fc
mothheaven

7:11 AM  
Blogger LeAnne said...

Hey lady, thanks for the support yesterday. It didn't go well. I found out in the waiting room (phone call from lawyer) that he's trying for full custody, very limited parenting time for me. I don't know where I'm going to get the money or how I'm going to manage through this.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the beaded socks! Clapotis is on my list to knit, too. I love the pink bamboo yarn. Always room for more sock yarn ;)
~Bliss~
http://goddess1.typepad.com/i_hide_yarn/

12:36 AM  
Blogger Nj New Jersey House Cleaning said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
You must peep out my de delaware house cleaning blog.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. refinance Scheap ionamin audi cs100 manual 2003 honda pilot oem battery flashlight no required artdeco cosmetics in new york Valtrex adn alcohol cell phone ring tones Olympus digital cameras uk carl hogan honda fire alarm edinburgh Costom paintball guns Storia d italia einaudi allegra http://www.caralarmratingsorreviews.info/Honda-accord-uk.html Soccer clips of ronaldiho gaucho 'beach wedding dress Spyware scan scanner online Fashionable maternity apparel

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work High blood sugar vitamins Kitchen removal Extended life battery notebook phentermine ionamin Mlm easy money software pay per click Suzuki out board motor

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home