Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Too few needles - or too few hands

January 04, 2005

Last night I was looking at Alice "Through the Looking-Glass" for some good pictures to make a blog button when I ran across this Sheep who I think I idealize.

"'Are you a child or a teetotum?' the Sheep said, as she took up another pair of needles. She was now working with fourteen pairs at once, and Alice couldn't help looking at her in great astonishment.'"

There are days I wish I could knit with fourteen pairs of needles at once - well maybe just two or three and today is one of those days. I was looking in my stash, the really old stuff in the storage area under the house - not the one in my closet and ran across this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

KOIGU - one ball attached to a 3/4 finished sock. I think I started it about two years ago to learn how to turn heels. Turned the heel and stopped. The pattern was from an old IK that used short row shaping to turn the heel and toe. Pulled the gem out of stash and finished the sock in about 1 1/2 hours last night. And hard as it seems to believe - that is my first sock. Now I want to start the second one.



But I am also working on a Wavy scarf for Kinne, to give to her when we celebrate Christmas next Saturday morning. I think I have enough yarn to make fingerless mittens in the same Wavy pattern. So I need to get them done before Saturday and have to knit during the day or late evening so she doesn't see, but I really want to start the second sock, but I want to see how the Wavy handwarmers will turn out - so maybe I should just head through the Looking-Glass and pick up some extra needles and do it all at once.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! amateur group Care concrete driveway Thick sexy bbw Women driver upskirt Galvanized bonded washers Butalbital+medication+pain Bextra lawfirm

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! http://www.broadband-phone-1.info/new-mexico-dial-up-access-number.html Abc driveway sealers http://www.mattresses-6.info/Allegra-grawer.html

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home