Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

The Bad - yesterday opened phone bill (just changed carriers) and found D had gone $300 over regular charges. DH and I got in huge fight caused by it. (we talked it out and made up later)

The Ugly - got both Audrey fronts up to the armholes 78 rows on the bulky yarn (6552 stitches) and I looked at them an realized that I floated the cable the wrong way. Held it up, knew it would drive me nuts and that it wouldn't look good, so I pulled the needle out and started to frog left side down to row 24 where the cable starts to move. 16yr S was kind enough to ask if he could help. Put the needle back in row 24 and started to set up the floating section, when I realized I had done it right the first time.

Some days are just like that. And in the middle of the day as I was sobbing, DH put his arms around me and said "sometimes adversity is what we need, even if we don't know why." And I do always look at those situations and ask myself "What am I suppose to learn from this."

The Good - today is beautiful, well ok its not sunny- but I have a few minutes this morning and I am about to finish the fronts to Audrey, and start the sleeves. I usually don't knit both together - but I knit the fronts together and it wasn't so bad. I didn't get too tangled up in yarn. Did my tax return yesterday and will have enough to cover the phone bill and maybe a little yarn, so life is good and there a lot of people that love me.

7 Comments:

Blogger grumperina said...

Oh that story made me cringe! The one where you frogged one front of the sweater only to realize that you had it right the first time. I would have cried for sure. I hope you're feeling better, and that you're able to continue knitting in good spirits today!

9:11 AM  
Blogger LeAnne said...

Yes, there are lots of people who love you! I would have been so pissed though, about the fronts. Crap! Scout can't wait to see Rider tonight. He still spends a lot of time with that green sweater you gave me :-).

9:40 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm sorry you won't make it Saturday, but we should try to do a Portland meetup once a month and then maybe people will meet each other at some points during the year:) I'm actually in Sellwood (above Gino's Restaurant). Danielle from Poetic Purl turned me on to Mabel's. Rumor has it there is going to be a similar style establishment opening in Sellwood later in the year!

11:24 AM  
Blogger btchwstix said...

This may make you feel better: my daughter's text messaging bill was $250.00 last month (she is still alive to justify it) and don't worry, you ARE loved. What else can explain a son that is thinking of you while studying at school?

7:27 AM  
Anonymous ugliness said...

1nderlandwoman, I just started a new blog called Ugly Blog, so I've been looking around for ugly blog related blogs. Anyway, I found this entry (The Good the Bad and the Ugly) during my search so I thought I'd make a quick post to let you know! I'd be happy to trade links if you're interested. Have a great day - Eric

11:39 PM  
Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said...

Inspiring blog. I love finding blogs this good on
the internet, when I have the time. I'm going to go
back to it!
I hope you had a chance to check out my wv west virginia house cleaning blog.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
» » »

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home