Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Missions

I think I am in a mode of missions. I finished Audrey - in 10 days and can't believe that I knitted the thing from beginning to end with out touching another needle. Have you ever done that? I don't think I have. It is sitting next to me in need of blocking and it is bulky and our weather is 72 degrees today and somehow I am not really inspired to wear it.

But I found the new Magknits T shirt today and that is more like our weather, so I will have to explore my stash. Doesn't it get your imagination going - I am going to join the KAL


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usBut my next mission is searching for this yarn. Is this the coolest thing - what is the green yarn? Found the scarf at Wendy Freeman, and I really like the pom pom thing going on. So help me out here, have you seen this green yarn? I went to four of my LYS today and the closest I came was the Rowan tape - but it wasn't nearly tubular enough.

9 Comments:

Blogger grumperina said...

What is that? My goodness! How do you make one? It looks like a bunch of fat 7-8 inch tubes, knotted/woven together in some clever fashion? The yarn is yummy, like granny smith apples. Elann will have some cotton/acrylic/linen on sale in a week, and it comes in a "fresh lime". You like?

5:44 PM  
Blogger grumperina said...

Oops, I mean 7-8 STITCH tubes, like a big i-cord or a small tubular piece of knitting... and then you knit that on broom sticks.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Where I'm from, we call that "rope" or "clothesline".

I would consider emailing the owner of the site where you found it, though. She could probably tell you what she did.

7:21 PM  
Blogger LeAnne said...

You went to FOUR!!! Envy...envy...although I need to Stay. Out. Of. The. LYSs.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Orris said...

OOOOOOO! Something I can actually help with, instead of merely being in awe of your speed and adeptness.

That's not yarn. It's corking. Corking is made with a corker or spool knitter; it's a four to six pronged thingie that turns out miles and miles of that thick round knitted cord when left int eh hands of a child. There are 3 known projects to make with corking: bracelets, belts, and spiral mats that never lay quite flat. You've discovered the mythical fourth project.

Corkers are purchased at your local craft store, will run you about 5 dollars, and make an IDEAL car toy for a child.

Hope that helps.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a holden beach vacation rentalt-shirt site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees

4:44 AM  
Blogger Tn Tennessee House Cleaning said...

Cool blog. I dig your site outline and I plan on
returning again! I just love finding blogs like this
when I have the time.
I can't explain, but you need to check my ri rhode island house cleaning blog!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home