Sunday, April 24, 2005

Buttonholes and Heaven

I know I have been pretty quiet lately.In the priorities of knitting, family, reading blogs, business, working on my blog, writing mine seems to be at the bottom. But I have been lurking on your in silence. Thanks for not being like me, quiet.Lets take my life in order:

Knitting:Five felted bags – four buttonhole, one cross between Sophie and buttonhole with a ruffle thrown in. In my neighborhood we have a girls women’s birthday dinner twice or three times a year. So we are celebrating Debbie, Judy, Beth and Karen’s birthdays tonight. Just finished Beth’s bag this morning (do you think she will mind that it is still wet?).
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usHers is the red Sophie hybrid. She has an 18 month old and I think that requires a handle that goes over the arm. The black and pink fuzzy reminds me of some beast that might hide under a child’s bed. (You can tell that it doesn’t rock my world.) The sea foam, lavender and butter one is nice colors, but I don’t like the shape – I double stranded on the bottom and not the sides – think it lost that great shape.

Family: DH has been sick for a week so I am hopping with all the kids etc. (And the room got cleaned, before the boyfriend came over)

Reading Blogs: I keep up with you, every morning, my home page is my blog lines, thanks for keeping me entertained and motivated.

Business:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lease negotiated and gets signed next week. Still aiming to open May.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Do you know what heaven is? Spending a morning with Kym from Knitting Fever looking at yarns and putting together an order. I love the Maggi Knits stuff – what fun to see real art in knitting patterns, why didn’t I look at her stuff before?

16 Comments:

Blogger emy said...

Oh wow, you are opening a yarn store?! Congrats!

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Shannon said...

Nice to see you back! The front of the store looks great!!! Your living the dream! Good for you. Keep us updated. Hungry bloggers want to know :)

4:55 AM  
Blogger LeAnne said...

I talked to Kaye last night and she didn't know about Tangle!!!! I absolutely cannot wait till it opens. Hang in there, I know you are swamped right now with everything in your life. Come over for peace if you want any this week.

10:56 AM  
Blogger btchwstix said...

Wishing you prosperity in your new endeavor. Congrats.

I see you have the BB addiction as well?

7:35 AM  
Blogger Heatherly said...

i love the bags!
great store name, if i am ever in the area, i will pop in. good luck!
may your shelves be ever filling and emptying and may your customers be the kind that do not gripe over what you don't carry.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous nona said...

Congratulations on opening a yarn store! Enjoy the adventure and please try to keep your sanity -- knitting helps.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

WOW how exciting! That has to be the best (and probably scariest) feeling to open your own yarn store.

The bags look fantastic!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Hello, Alice in Yarnland! I've just been introduced to the Buttonhole Bag myself and am looking forward to knitting my first. I gotta tell ya, though, that I'm a little nervous about the addiction factor! You and Lisa at Btchwstix have got me worried!! LOL

Happy knitting and good luck with the knitting studio! I'm sure we're all nervous.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous anna said...

congratulations!!! how exciting!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Dani said...

LOVE the logo! I think it's fabulous you are opening a store!

Yes, life will be busy and maybe even stressful for a bit but in the end, it will all be worth it, you will have worked hard and done what so many of us wish we could do, not only open your own business but a YARN STORE! (And, you get to be your own LYS lol)

Wishing you success and satisfaction!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Sedie said...

Your bags are mucho cute! Congratulations on the store. I wish you the best.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome for you!!! BTW, I LOVE teh buttonhold bag...I MUST make one of my own!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Ne Nebraska House Cleaning said...

Extraordinary blog. Your site was hip and fresh
and we'll visit it again! I love surfing the internet
for blogs.
Check out the blog site with my ca california house cleaning in it!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

free house swap annonces classees

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Rid of acne overnight http://www.management-training-seminar-9.info 79 toyota 4wheel drive pickup Free web graphic templates omega watches air cleaner http://www.pamela-anderson-picture-5.info B ultram b overnight 2gig usb memory cards allergy Diet drug ionamin 20 designer handbags Center cleveland colocation Zocor side effect hematuria Funny video birthday cards http://www.va-loan-mortgage-refinancing.info

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home