Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Three Olives and an Artichoke

Some days woman does not live by knitting alone:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Followed off by a steak and this perfect cheese cake

Cheesecake in Yarnland

1 T melted butter
3 T graham cracker crumbs
2 lbs regular cream cheese – room temperature
1 ¼ cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 egg yolk
1 t finely chopped zest of lemon
2 t vanilla extract
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Cover the base of a 10” spring mold pan with Aluminum foil. Brush melted butter in the bottom of pan, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and distribute evenly.

Beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually add sugar, vanilla and lemon zest and beat for at least 3 minutes. Add eggs and yolk one at a time; scrape down sides of bowl and mix well between each addition. (Any cream cheese that is not mixed at this time becomes lumpy).Mix in heavy cream and sour cream by hand.

Pour into pan and put in preheated oven. Bake at 500 for 10 minutes then turn the oven down to 200 and bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave in for 1 more hour. Then take out to cool for a little and then chill in the fridge.

This really is the best best best cheesecake. It is a mixture of three of an old recipe from my ex sister in law, the Perfect Recipe cookbook and an Internet recipe I found.

11 Comments:

Blogger LeAnne said...

Oh my God, PERFECT MEAL.

9:30 AM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

3 olives eh? just the way i like it !!

11:12 AM  
Blogger illanna said...

Oooooh that sounds so nice right now!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might choke Artie, but it won't choke me!!
Haa ha Ha hee hee, er, ah yeah, cough.......

beth - big geek

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Shannon said...

RE: Phildar Bag

Alice.. You can order the Bag online at http://www.knitntyme.com They carry some Phildar Yarns and the fabu bags of course!! I'd be interested to know if you get one!!! Cheers Shannon

p.s - I love your blog, its on my regular reads list :) Glad you came to visit me

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

You are one of my new favorite blogs! I love it...and that artichoke looks so great!!! Do you mind sharing your recipe for that also? YUM!!!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

I forgot to ask...where did you get your progress pictures (scarf, sweater, sock, etc.) so cute!!

7:16 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your fiber metal hard hat blog.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Wy Wyoming House Cleaning said...

Unbelievable blog. I can hardly wait to vist this
site again.I'm consistently looking up blogs like
this.
I can't explain, but you need to check my ma massachusetts house cleaning blog!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read oldsmobile alero symbol Registrar of land titles Harvells circuit breaker Rendevous allegra 23 window vw bus B imitrex Does hypnosis work to lose weight trouble with 6230 and windows pdas Awnings lehigh valley Copyright physical causes of impotence average weight loss on meridia

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home