Wednesday, May 11, 2005

What to do

You know my postings have been few and far between lately. There is a reason. I really wanted to keep my blog separate from the knitting store's blog. But sometime this afternoon as I was reading yours, I realized that my life right now revolves aroung Tangle Knitting Studio and if I am going to blog more than once a week, it will have to have shop talk. So if you get bored let me know. I suspect that the love of yarn will carry us through. After all, I know you guys understand, even if DH is gapping as he writes the check for Addi Turbos, one small box, four digits on the check. "Sweetie, you just don't understand, these are the best." But you know it is a great day when you get your first boxes of yarn, the UPS driver says "I can't wait for you to open, I called my friend last night and we are so excited." as she unloads your first 10 boxes of yarn.

Lucky for me my DH is understanding (even if he doesn't understand,) as I have this HUGE grin on my face holding up bags of this incredible pink angora Maggi Knits yarn. DH is happy cause I am so thrilled.

Sorry guys it will have to be shop talk. Pictures tomorrow. Also picutes of the wonderful Secret Pal presents. She was so good to me, and really sent me perfect things, yarn I had never heard of, two books, and other goodies. Secret Pal stuff tomorrow and maybe bales of Manos thrown in too.

17 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

I, for one won't think it would be boring. I can't think of anything more exciting than opening one's own yarn store. And, since I don't have the guts to do it, the next best thing would be watching someone else do it.

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Pam said...

Love shop talk! Keep it up!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Papergirl said...

Where is your store and when is it opening? I live in Portland, and it is so exciting to have so many new yarn stores in the area. They all offer such different things in a different way, and I don't think we can have enough!

9:18 PM  
Blogger 1nderlandwoman said...

We are in Lake Oswego, 440 1st Street, should be putting yarn on the shelves in about 2 weeks. You are always welcome to stick your head in the door if you are out my way, even before we are officially open for business.

10:16 PM  
Blogger btchwstix said...

Livin' the dream, way to go!

And its your blog, talk about whatever strikes your fancy for shitsake.

Good Luck and may all your yarn be knotless.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

LO you say. How exciting that is just down the road from me.

Shop talk is ok by me.

D

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I don't know how people maintain more than one blog. It is your blog, talk about what you like. What is the link to the other blog? Does your store have a website? I am in Portland, too.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Heatherly said...

hey! it is june, and you haven't posted in a while. so, i hope your store is keeping you busy in good ways! may you sell your stock, pay your overhead, and have lots of fun doing it!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad someone finally opened one, the only "knitting store" we had was pine needle, and they barley had anything, because the main purpose was sewing..

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!
!

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am new to knitting and just found this blog for the first time. I recently moved to West Linn from Austin, Texas. Is there a knitting group anyone knows of? Are you looking for part time help in your new store? Let me know, everyone seems really nice here.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Tx Texas House Cleaning said...

Astonshing blog. I relished in the site and you
know I will be going to it again! Surfing the internet
hepls me to find blogs that arfe just as good.
Please proceed to my ks kansas house cleaning blog when you find the time.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

Hello Bloggers

Hello

Do I have your attention Yet??? Great Books are Here Today.. Hope You Check it out.

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really have some interesting stuff here! i have added your page as a bookmark. I have to keep checking this out for updates:D
chenille throwchenille throw

chenille throwchenille throw

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work here

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.pregnancyaid.in
For night time events, pregnant ladies can simply make a choice the very best maternity night time get dressed to put on to those occasions.
When you are struggling to get pregnant, the best time to make love and romance with your partner is around the ovulation period.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home